Cleaning your microwave regularly brings a lot of benefits that people often overlook. A dirty microwave can harbor harmful bacteria that can spread to your food when you heat it up. Food splatters can cause cross-contamination if you don't clean the microwave afterward. Also, consider this: when food splatters on the inside of the microwave, before it has been zapped free of moisture or cleaned up, the food falls into the temperature danger zone. Thus, cleaning your microwave is essential in maintaining proper home hygiene and health.
Depending on how frequently you use your microwave, a good rule of thumb is to clean your microwave about once a week. Frequent cleaning helps prevent messes from getting caked on and makes each wipe down that much easier. Be sure to clean your microwave immediately after any large spills or splatters occur.
What Not to Clean a Microwave With?
Avoid using harsh chemical cleaners, such as bleach or ammonia, or products which contain these chemicals, as they can damage the interior and leave harmful residues. Also, avoid cleaning the microwave with popular “cleaning” wipes, as many these contain chemicals that can damage the microwave and be harmful to your health.
Quick'n Brite is the Perfect Cleaner for the Job!
Instead of using harsh, unsafe chemical cleaners in your microwave; use Quick 'n Brite instead! Quick 'n Brite is all natural, non-toxic, biodegradable and has no harmful chemicals or fumes making it safe to clean surfaces that handle food. Whether your microwave is covered with a fresh layer of food, or hasn't had a deep cleaning in a while, Quick 'n Brite is the perfect cleaner for the job.
For HEAVY CLEANING:
- First, wet a non-abrasive sponge with HOT water. Then apply Quick 'n Brite paste full strength to the microwave interior in a short 5 to 6 inch circular motion.
- Leave the full strength cleaner to sit for 10 minutes. Quick 'n Brite has patented water softening agents which are working to scrub while they sit!
- After 10 minutes, use a clean wet sponge to wipe out the interior of the microwave. Then if necessary, a clean terry cloth towel or paper towel to wipe clean.
If food residue is not removed with the first application, it may be necessary to repeat the above steps.
For Light Spills, Quick Wipe Downs & Outside Door Surface
- First make the Quick 'n Brite Light Cleaning Spray by adding 1 teaspoon of Quick ‘n Brite concentrated liquid to a quart of water (32 oz.) We’ve made this simple for you by using our SureShot liquid and our handy spray bottle. Make sure you shake before each use.
- Simply spray on any new food messes or spills and wipe clean. This will keep your microwave from getting any long-term food build up. Also, use this light solution spray on the outside door/glass of your microwave to keep it sparkling clean.
Save $$ While you Clean!
One of the biggest money saving advantages of using Quick 'n Brite cleaner is the cleaning solution is highly concentrated. When you buy "ready to use" bottles of cleaners from major manufactures, they have up to 95% water and that is what you are paying for in the stores! With Quick 'n Brite, you are paying for the concentrated cleaning solution only and using your own water from home costing you as little as $0.10 to make a light cleaning solution. Additionally you are helping the environment by reusing your plastic spray bottle instead of sending it to the landfill every time it is empty.
EXTRA CLEANING TIP
You can fill a small glass bowl with water and place on the microwave turntable. Squeeze fresh lemon into the bowl for a clean scent. Close the door and let the microwave run on high for two minutes. When the cycle ends, remove the bowl and the turntable; make sure not to burn yourself as the bowl's contents will be hot.
Your family will thank you for using Quick 'n Brite and all the benefits it brings into your home.